Medical Management of Gestational Diabetes. Gestational diabetes (GDM) is defined ascarbohydrate intolerance that begins or is first recognized during pregnancy. The prevalence of GDM is on the rise due to increasing trends of obesity in females of child bearingage as well as due to increasing maternal age.
· Diabetes Mellitus: Management of Gestational Diabetes Uncontrolled document when printed Published: 27/07/2020 Page 1 of 12 1. Purpose The Women’s is committed to the provision of best practice multidisciplinary care for women with gestational diabetes based on the best available evidence.
· Gestational diabetes mellitus is defined as glucose intolerance that begins, or is first recognized, during pregnancy.4 A wide range of …
The management of gestational diabetes mellitus (GDM) involves screening (or universal testing), a diagnostic oral glucose tolerance test, patient counselling/education, gestational weight management and medical nutrition therapy, and self-monitoring of blood glucose levels with regular glycaemia reviews. This is in addition to pharmacological …
- Medical treatment of gestational diabetes
- Medical and nursing management of gestational diabetes
- Medical management of pregnancy complicated by diabetes
- Medical management of pregnancy complicated by diabetes 6th edition
- Role of medical nutrition therapy in the management of gestational diabetes mellitus
- Medical management of gestational diabetes mellitus